Deploying Drupal at Scale on Windows Server
View SFSU Downtown Campus in a larger map
San Francisco State University Downtown Campus, Room 556
835 Market Street, 5th floor, room 555
San Francisco, CA 94103-1901
IIS 7.5 is a perfect environment to deploy highly scalable and performant PHP applications. During this day you will learn how to deploy a Drupal web site on Windows Server 2008 R2, starting from the basic installation up to the creation of highly scalable web farm with load balancing features.
We will deeply explore the IIS 7.5 platform, including URL Rewrite, WinCache for PHP which provides opcode and user data cache features, Application Request Routing, WebFarm Framework which provides reverse proxy features and AppFabric Cache for distributed cache support.
This training is highly recommended and specifically tailored to LAMP professionals approaching the Microsoft Windows and IIS platform.
We'll cover the following topics in a full day training:
* The Windows Server platform from a LAMP perspective
* Introduction to the IIS 7.x architecture
* PHP on IIS
* Configuring a Drupal website on IIS
* Windows Cache Extension on PHP
* URL Rewrite and Output Caching
* Web Farm scenarios
* Application request Routing and Web Farm Framework
* Comparing ARR/WFF to Varnish
* Web Deploy
* Session management
* AppFabric distributed cache
* Basic MS SQL Server skills for MySQL developers and DBAs
Please bring your own laptop computer.